Saturday, January 30, 2010

030/365: Snowman


We were gifted with almost a foot of snow. It was a wonderfully decompressing day: as the snow fell, so did my stress level. The snow just naturally mutes out the world. How exciting to just be! Until....

"Honey, do we still have that space heater out in the shed?", he asks out of the blue.
"I don't think so", I reply.
MGR: "Can you go out to the shed and check?"
Me: "I don't think so!"
MGR: "Can you help me?"
Me: "Do I have a choice?"

So, donned in his new boots, jacket, and ergodynamic snow shovel, MGR and I ventured out into the storm. I assisted in clearing a path to the shed, froze my hands to unlock the door and searched for the heater. As luck would have it, we don't have one. But we did take time to laugh and throw snow at each other as we took a brief respite from the house and kids....and life!

It's not the destination, but the journey that makes life fun!

Until next time....play away!!

1 comment:

EJG said...

I love reading about your everyday family life. It makes me feel like I'm close by, sharing in the mayhem and madness!

Then, I navigate away and miss you guys all over again!