Friday, January 22, 2010

022/356: Gathering Around the Table


Tonight's agenda included a parents meeting for children making First Eucharist this year. JRR will go to the Lord's table for the first time in the spring and I am thrilled for him!!

Religion aside, part of our meeting centered around meals and traditions and habits that go with them. I brought up how I love sitting at the table with the family, as that is usually the first time I really get to listen to them discuss their day. I also brought up that after a day or two of not eating together, due to meetings, trainings, life, etc., I miss that gathering / debriefing time with my family. There's a deeper sense of appreciation for the "gang" when we reconvene at the table.

This week has been quite hectic: dress rehearsal and performance for the boys, report cards for MGR, report card / benchmark support for me. However, one thing is for sure: come Sunday, there will be a lovely dinner....at the table! OK, so it'll be some yucky food, but we'll be together again!

Until next time....gather away!

1 comment:

JSG said...

Even gathering around a solid cup of coffee is a good thing. I hope we are gathered at the same table soon!