Wednesday, January 20, 2010

020/365: Precious gifts...

This past weekend, my dear colleague had to get Hospice care for her father while making sure her mother was being taken care of as well.

My boss' brother had extensive brain surgery last week, in and out of ICU. He is slowly recuperating, but not out of the woods yet.

Last night, the family and I had an impromptu love fest: While listening to Michael Buble's "Everything", we spontaneously started dancing. We ended up holding hands while dancing in a circle. If you don't the words, they go like this:

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.


(What an awesome family!!!)

We all need to take a moment, a very long moment, to cherish those who make our lives worth living. Life is too short to let those people go by unnoticed and unappreciated.

So, chances are most of this vast readership consists of a dear friend, family member or an acquaintence that has had an impact on my life. To all of you I say, "Thank you!" You are all important to me and I love you! My life would not be the same without you.

Until next time....hug away!!

3 comments:

EJG said...

What a beautiful and touching post. Thank you. It will be the last thing I read or think about before going to bed.

JSG said...

Life has a funny way of making us sometimes lose sight of what we really value. So important to remember.

Belinda said...

Amen, sister! Today is all we have...revel in it!