Wednesday, January 13, 2010

013/365: T the Magnificent!

She has stood behind me, literally, for 12 years. My hair stylist, the Great TM, is an awesome woman!!

TM is amazing. Not only does she put up with my hair, but with my moods as well. I've finally settled for a no nonsense, low maintenance cut. TM has done her best to maintain this style 'cause she knows that the rest of my life is NOT no nonsense or low maintenance. The one thing that my hair and my life have in common is that they both have a few highlights.

She has been with me during some life-changing events. She came to my apartment to do my wedding 'do with supplies in one hand, cocktails in the other. She has cut both boys' hair since they were babies (JOR was only about 3 months old at his first cut, the little primate), and now does all of us. Yes, even MGR.

While we differ on politics, we both value the basics: faith and family. We've had many discussions about these and more. I cherish my 60 minutes with her every 6 weeks! (Yes, even the facial alterations TM!) She had a sign in her old shop that said, "I'm a beautician, not a magician!". Au contraire TM, thanks for your magic the past 12 years. The older I get, the more magic you'll have to do!

Until next time....style away!!

No comments: