Thursday, January 7, 2010

007/365: Serenity

I have been spoiled lately. Between 4:15 and 5ish, there exists a peaceful block of solitude. I use it to do mundane chores (check mail, voicemail, e-mail, dishwasher, laundry, start dinner), but more importantly, I use it to decompress.

Luckily, our Verizon FIOS offers digital music channels. The "Soundscapes" channel is the soundtrack for my decompression period. It is similar to XM's Spa channel: calm, mostly instrumental music that puts the listener in a serene place, perhaps a mountaintop or snow covered landscape, where one can forget about reality for a small amount of time. It is a very therapeutic way to transition from calm to.....
"MOM, HE RACED ME TO THE HOUSE!" "HE SHUT THE DOOR ON MY FINGER!" "HE BIT MY BACKPACK!" "HONEY, WHAT'S FOR DINNER?" "IS THERE ANY COFFEE?" "MOMMY, LOOK WHAT I DID IN SCHOOL TODAY!" "DYLAN GOT SENT TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE TODAY!" "ARE WE HAVING DESSERT TONIGHT?" "WE'RE HUNGRY!!".......

Ah, my kingdom for a mountaintop!

Until next time....decompress away!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hungry....seems like I heard that before- GP

EJG said...

"Are we having dessert tonight?" That's a great one!

(well.... are we?)