Saturday, January 16, 2010

016/365: Mucus Be Gone!


Every four hours I come to you.
You hear me sniffle with an occasional "ah-choo!"
My head is pounding, my throat is sore.
Puffy and pained eyes cry out, "No more!".

You give relief, ever so slight,
As I feel the drainage both day and night.
I hate feeling like I've been hit by a truck,
On a three day weekend, of course it's my luck.

I've managed some chores, though all quite mundane.
It's good to know I can function, that thought keeps me sane.
I want to just collapse and rest my heavy head.
Until I can buy myself a case of Sudafed!

(Pitiful attempt, but I'm tired!!)
Until next time....drain away!!

2 comments:

JSG said...

It's not the worst poem I've read
By a poet with boogers inside of her head.

It's rather impressive that she took the time
To hack, wheeze and blow, while continuing to rhyme.

EJG said...

I know how you feel; with a nose like mine,

Two Sudafed wouldn't do, I would need eight or nine!

And although you probably wish you were unconscience or in a coma,

At least your headache is not a tumor or, worse... a hematoma!