Tuesday, January 5, 2010

005/365: Working it out.


Tonight was "Y" night for our family. The boys began their swim lessons (thanks to Grandma and Grandpa!) and Mommy needed a work out! And I mean NEEDED a work out!

All employees were sent a survey to collect feedback on what to cut out of next year's budget. There are 3 columns of potential cuts and it is the employees' job to choose what should be cut. The catch? All the cuts selected had to equal the deficit of $40 million! Jobs, benefits, transportation, athletics, administration, and yes, a choice of furlough lengths were all listed. It was unsettling to see my position on this survey and know that I have a good chance of being voted off the island.

I tried to remain calm and positive, but lost all control when I got home. Any edible morsel in the house was consumed! And this was before I started cooking dinner. I then gorged while cooking and at the dinner table. It was gross!

Luckily, it was Y night. MGR was gracious enough to watch the boys at the pool while I attempted some physical exertion that didn't involve utensils. After 30 minutes of hard elliptical work, I felt better. My stomach has one heck of a hangover, but my brain is clearer and my spirits are higher. I'm now getting ready for a good night's sleep with my therapy blog and cup of peppermint tea. I hope to spend the rest of the week detoxing and working things out, physically, mentally and emotionally.

Until next time......exercise away!!

2 comments:

EJG said...

I'm so proud of you... and I'm in awe of your perseverance. Had I gorged (and I would have, Oh... yes, I would have) I would have said, "Who am I kidding?" about going to the Y and exercising.

But you did.

Bravo!!!

JSG said...

In light of the circumstances, I think the utensil workout can be forgiven!!!

What a bunch of pansies, asking everyone to survey... leadership without chutzpah isn't really leadership iMHO