Monday, January 4, 2010

004/365: I was working in the lab late one night....


Well, truthfully, just a few minutes after quitting time. This first week of 2010, we begin the exodus into Office 2007. I guess better late than never. We are sharing tips and tricks with each other in a series of classes. I think I can actually navigate through an Excel spreadsheet. This is a breakthrough!

However, it didn't take long for the rumblings of job cuts to begin. People are sitting on pins and needles. We don't know who is staying and who is going. A survey is going out to all employees as to who and what to cut. This is going to be a very long five months.

I guess while I wait, I'll keep learning, keep working, and trying to keep my chin up. After all, I think I know how to format a cell now. The world is my oyster!!

Until next time.....format away!

2 comments:

EJG said...

Threats of job cuts? Again?!

How do districts plan on keeping highly qualified teachers when they are always threatening to do away with them?

It makes you want to scream.

JSG said...

Put on blinders and trudge forward in the positive light, my friend. Your talents are not to be ignored.