Tuesday, January 12, 2010

012/365: Shoot me now!


Rough start today. I awoke to the trio screaming and gagging about the smell in the refrigerator. Thinking a decomposing body somehow landed in our kitchen, I went for a look.

The source of the odor was my poor, innocent vegetable soup. Harmless ingredients, harmful result. This was a head scratcher as there was nothing in this soup that was toxic. Onions, garlic, spinach, tomatoes, chicken broth, basil and oregano should not warrant a visit from HazMat. My crew cared to differ. After getting ready for work, I found them all at the table with a strawberry candle burning in their futile attempt to clear the air, still flapping their gums about the smell in the house.

As if this wasn't enough to ruffle my feathers, I had to work with MGR's class in art today. Not only did the office staff ask me about my smelly soup, but the third graders, upon entering the art room, greeted me with many "soup"er comments. (Except for some of the exceptional ladies. They knew better.)

I guess I got the last laugh when I came home and smelled this sweet, mouth-watering aroma wafting from the kitchen. I put on the TV, made a sandwich to accompany my soup and sat down to a lovely dinner....solo! The soup was quite tasty and made for a fine meal. When the stooges came home, it was announced that they had to make their own dinner. During this process, they all managed to get a taste out of the crock pot. Guess what they want for lunch tomorrow? Shoot me now!!

Until next time...slurp away!!

No comments: