Sunday, January 24, 2010

024/365: Empty Nest


I need to go to the doctor tomorrow. My hearing and vision are going fast!

I can't hear the giggles, belly laughs, screams, threats, cries, and the thousands of "Mama"s that resonate through the house. I can't see the legos and dirty socks on the floor or the face of a sad little boy on the time out step and the smile of the little boy who put him there. I can't see a video game or cartoon on the TV and can't hear the bleeps and blips on the DS.

Yes, I feel like I've lost a part of me tonight. JOR and SRR are sleeping over Fairy Godmother's as MGR and I shlep through a teacher workday tomorrow. While it's always nice to have a peaceful evening, I miss the little stinkers. This separation is a good thing for them. They need time away from their parents as we've been driving them crazy lately. They deserve some time off.

I, however, need a checkup!

Until next time....break away!

No comments: