Friday, January 15, 2010

015/365: Hell Care?

I have to confess, this picture was taken back in October, but it relates to today's post, so I feel it's legit.

Today was the first payday of the new year. While I'm happy to be getting a paycheck , I'm not happy about bringing home less due to increased health insurance costs. It is not a huge increase, but it is enough that we have to make adjustments. It will be even worse come the fall, when the school's budget cuts give us the privilege of furlough days AND higher premiums for health care. So, I'm so looking forward to having to make more "adjustments" in my lifestyle...not!

However, I will try to look at the bright side: I have a job (for now), I have a somewhat healthy family (physically), I do have health insurance if it's needed, and I live in a country where we might have health care for everyone!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Until next time...adjust away!!

1 comment:

JSG said...

Getting less and paying more. That should excite us? I'm glad you can keep positive. It should help keep you healthy and keep expenses down.