Sunday, March 28, 2010

087 / 365: A Good Egg...


Yes he's a mess, but he's all mine!

MGR is a good soul. While silliness, abruptness and an "occasional" run off of the mouth exudes from his exterior, his interior is one of compassion, care and goodness. In this Easter season, it would be appropriate to call him a "Good Egg".

My toothache has prevented me from being at my best: as a wife, mother and productive human being. He has picked up where I left off: offering to run errands, doing the laundry, cooking and even some cleaning. All the while, he has maintained his "Father of the Year" status. The other night, I walked in on him and SRR. They froze like deer in headlights: MGR in a pilot's hat and aviator glasses, holding a rifle while "Mini-Me" was dressed up holding a light saber. They were shooting enemies while flying the couch across the sky. Awesome! Then he took JOR with him to play games at a local comic shop.

He was doing all of this while prepping (and fretting) over his observation. I don't know why he was fretting, he is good at what he does. He has a wonderful group of students and it's been a productive year, thus far. He knows his strengths and weaknesses and works on them. While he's not a fan of standardized tests (who is?), he does what he has to in order for his kids to do well. However, he does believe in fun as a main ingredient to learning, allowing for various projects and activities that make school an enjoyable place for his students.

This good egg has put up with me for almost 10 years. He must be cracked! I hope he knows how much I love him. And that's no "yolk"!



Until next time....crack away!

No comments: