Sunday, March 14, 2010

073 / 365: First Full "Mindful" day...


I "practiced" more "Mindful Living" today. Some bulleted observations:
-Stress level slightly decreased as I tried to focus on the "here and now" and what I was doing at the present, not what I needed to do. Didn't feel too overwhelmed.
-Enjoyed time with my family. Even though I was on the computer while they watched a movie, I did take "gratitude breaks" and watched how much they enjoyed the movie and how lucky I was to have all of them around me.
-Played video games with the boys without thinking about what to wear to work tomorrow or what I was going to have for lunch. We had a blast!
-Seemed more relaxed.
-Stuff still got done: clothes, lunch planned, dinner menus for the week done, trash taken out, calendar / schedule updated for the week, etc.

However, the caveat comes in the fact that I started this "practice" on a weekend. The true test will begin tomorrow as the work week commences. Should prove to be interesting....

Until next time....live away!

No comments: