Sunday, March 7, 2010

066 / 365: FLY!


I'm trying to FLY again!

The past couple of years, I have subscribed, albeit half-heartedly, to the principles of FlyLady. This wonderful woman is an organizing expert who puts a realistic spin on the art of decluttering.

FlyLady, aka Maria Cilley, believes that everyone should FLY. In other words, you need to Finally Love Yourself. While this is a no-brainer, you'd be surprised how many people out there do not and cannot FLY. Whether they are in a toxic relationship, a bad economic situation, or physical or psychological issues hold them captive, they cannot love themselves enough to rid themselves of clutter. This clutter can take many forms: a REALLY messy house, hoarding, disorganization at work, and even body clutter. She feels that if we take the time to love ourselves and give ourselves a sense of peace, clutter would not be a necessary part of our lives.

Slowly, I've taken on her philosophy. While I do have "hot spots" in my house, most of the time it's presentable. (She forbids use of the other "P" word: Perfection!) FlyLady believes that we all deserve a clean, peaceful environment so we can be better parents, workers, children, and humans!

I need to brush up on my FLY techniques, some of which I'll share in this blog. My vast readership will have to deal, as this is a good way for me to review. For now, I'll get my clothes out for tomorrow and go to sleep at a decent hour (her edict). This will help me get a good start to this crazy week.

Until next time...FLY away.

No comments: