Monday, March 15, 2010

074 / 365: Second "Mindful" day...sort of...



Now I know why "Mindful Living" has to be practiced....

Something told me today would be a challenge. Mindful Living, aka living in the present, was very difficult today. Could it have been the e-mails, the scheduling, the two media projects I wanted to finish today before driving across the county to deliver a DVD? Uh...yup!

I tried to start the day by focusing on project #1. As I worked, the e-mails came in and I had to respond to them. In retrospect, I should have shut the e-mail account off until I was done w/ project #1. Then I had to meet with the teacher for project #2, while #1 waited. I ended up working on both, even trying to do it simultaneously until my laptop froze. It must have been reflecting my brain on multitask mode.

Well, at the end of the day, some of the stuff was done, not all of it to my liking, so I will go back and "tweak". The DVD was delivered and I even got in 45 min. on the eliptical before heading home.

After the usual evening ritual, I gave the boys this paper from today's UPS delivery. I could have gone to pay bills, get ready for tomorrow's lessons or tomorrow night's party. Not happening. I watched them design their backdrop for their movie (their idea). They were being kind with each other and very amusing to me. I enjoyed that "mindful" time of watching my guys go through the creative process. The other stuff got done later.

Mindful score: Home 1, Work 0. I'll "practice" again tomorrow.

Until next time....practice away!

1 comment:

EJG said...

I think we all need to "practice".

Isn't it amazing what will get kid's creative juices and imagination fired up? If you had bought a roll of art paper at the storem they wouldn't have given it a second look.