Friday, March 5, 2010

064 / 365: My hero!


Seven days of sheer hell have gone by and the R clan is on the road to recovery! I decided to take the day off to disinfect the house. My handy bottle of Clorox and I spent the afternoon together, cleaning every possible surface in each bathroom (lovingly known as the "Ground Zero"s). I made sure the bleach presence was known to the vicious things that made my family and me ill for a week. The fumes reached the point that my shirt was ruined and my nose hairs are now curled for life, but we won the battle!

Disinfecting the bathroom wasn't the only cleansing I did today. Little by little, I started to get rid of the dirt and clutter in my brain. I've had a rough couple of weeks, so lots of germs and viruses invaded the small space between my ears. Crud like negativity, doubt, jealousy, anger, pity, and apathy took their places in my head. Like my family, I think my brain is recovering from this latest bout, but a good cleansing is always beneficial to get rid of any residual mess.

I need some good meds for my head, so tomorrow the prescription will be filled. I started reading one of the Covey books (very helpful!) and will do a 5 miler tomorrow after WW. Working in the yard to get some fresh air and playing with my three boys tomorrow afternoon will also get my brain back on the right track.

Ironically, I replaced the air filters in my house today. Maybe that's what I'm trying to do with my head. If I can just filter out the nasty stuff, I can make it! Then whatever the filter can't get, the bleach will!

Until next time....clean away!

No comments: