Thursday, March 4, 2010

063 / 365: Silly therapy

OK Go - This Too Shall Pass from OK Go on Vimeo.


Thanks BS, I needed this!

OK, things are looking up: two of my 3 "boys" are on the mend. MGR is the last one down, and down bad! I hope he'll be on the mend soon.

Tonight, I started feeling very overwhelmed. The anxiety came over me quickly, without warning. After driving JOR to school, crossing the county for a lesson, another trip to help a friend with a film project, back home to check on the other two, pick JOR from school, take him to drama class, bring him home, go to a school meeting, come home to do homework with the boys, make lunches, wash (sterilize) clothes, and plan for tomorrow, I was shaking! While I know it's only temporary, it still set me off.

Then, while checking my e-mails for the final time tonight, a colleague sent me this video. A message from God telling me to chill. Things will get better when the morning comes.... Yes, this too shall pass, but hopefully not like a kidney stone!

Here are the lyrics to the song:

You know you can't keep lettin' it get you down
And you can't keep draggin' that dead weight around.
If there ain't all that much to lug around,
Better run like hell when you hit the ground.

When the morning comes.
When the morning comes.

You can't stop these kids from dancin'.
Why would you want to?
Especially when you're already gettin' yours.
'Cause if your mind don't move and your knees don't bend,
well don't go blamin' the kids again.

When the morning comes.
When the morning comes.

When the morning comes.
When the morning comes.

When the morning comes.
When the morning comes.

Let it go, this too shall pass.
Let it go, this too shall pass.

Let it go, this too shall pass.
(You know you can't keep lettin' it get you down. No, you can't keep lettin' it get you down.)

Until next time...watch away! (and giggle!)

No comments: