Monday, March 1, 2010

060 / 365: Yucky..


Misery loves company. My poor SRR now has the stomach bug. While it was Daddy that brought him home, he wanted his mommy. I was there.

The exposure to all of these viruses has finally taken its toll. I'm feeling queasy, light headed, and just plain YUCKY! I'm kind of glad I came home early. A nap and some down time helped my head a little.

While I have a right to wallow in self pity, there was another event that upstaged my illness. A well-known, well-liked high school choral director died unexpectedly yesterday. It was a shock to all who knew her. I had the honor of meeting her last year. She was auditioning a group of young men for solos while I took pictures for a drama project. Her professionalism, knowledge and most importantly, her love for those students radiated in everything she did that afternoon. I know the school community has lost a true educator. May she R.I.P.

Until next time...hug away. You just never know......

No comments: