Saturday, March 27, 2010

086 / 365: The Fit Family, Year 2


Another year in the record books. A FREEZING year!

I'm so proud of these three boys. They ran a great race. MGR told me SRR had trouble staying with the slower duet. He was itching to leave them in the dust. JOR also had a good run, not stopping at all. That's an amazing accomplishment for him. Yeah boys!!


My turn next. Oye, what a mess!

The cold temps and colder breeze were not good for me. I guess between the cold, the waiting around, the lack of water yesterday, and the lack of proper training the past 3 months, I did not run my best race. The first two miles were OK, I was slower on miles 3 & 4, and by mile 5 by entire right leg was cramped up. It was not pretty. Sadly, my time was not as good as last year.

I could sit here and wallow in self-pity, but I'm not going to. I had my "mad" hour, now it's time to move on. There were lots of positive things about today:
-My family had fun at the race, despite their constant complaining about the weather.
-As I was lining up at the starting gate, I saw the most amazing event: a group of visually handicapped people, white canes and all, were prepping for the race. It was totally inspiring!
-My great friend, JSG and her amazing daughter, IMG, place second in a singing competition. Awesome!!
-I survived playing Mass w/ only two days to practice the music.
-My tooth didn't drive me crazy...til about an hour ago.
-The stinky finish wasn't the end of the world. This is just the beginning of race season, so I have a couple more chances to redeem myself, and lots more chances to get off my dupa and do some real training!
-Tomorrow I get to recharge my batteries after a very hectic week!

Until next time....run away!

No comments: