Friday, July 16, 2010

197 / 365: 168 Hours


In my perpetual quest to become a more efficient human being, I found this intriguing book, 168 Hours.

It's premise it that we all have the same amount of time every week (168 hours). It's how we use these hours that make or break us. The author described one woman and her use of time. This woman is the CEO of a million-dollar construction company and a mother of six (2 of them are twins). However, she has time to be in a book club, go hiking. read with her children, and get a full 8 hours of sleep a night. Half of me wants to clone her, half of me wants to slap her silly (just joking). If this woman can do it, why can't I?

That's what's inspiring me to read this book.

The first exercise given is to document how I'm currently spending my 168 hours. I am going to start tracking Sunday and see where my time is sucked up. This should be interesting.

Until next time...track away.

1 comment:

EJG said...

What kills most people is probably the T.V.