Sunday, July 11, 2010

192 / 365: The King


SRR was King for the day. I guess it's allowed when you turn 7.

His Majesty had a happy day. Brought cookies to his LIFE class at church. Had KFC followed by cake and ice cream. We had a "Wacky Water Day" theme complete with a slip and slide, water guns and water balloons. Brother, cousin and neighbors helped the little guy celebrate by getting soaking wet. His Highness got lots of great gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, the A's and C's, and the family, even gifts from his brother!

I think Daddy and I got the best gift when, after everyone left, he hugged and kissed us and thanked us for making his birthday so special. That, along with my annual reading of "On the Day You Were Born", got my tear ducts working. The King has earned his throne!

Until next time...celebrate away!

No comments: