Monday, February 22, 2010

053 / 365: Home Again


This afternoon, I spent some time at my old school. While it was mainly for "business", doing 3 integrations, I did have some visiting time. I felt like I never left. Everyone welcomed me "home". It did my little heart lots of good to get hugs from everyone: custodians, teachers, secretaries, and yes, even some of my former students. The boys missed "Mommy's school", so it was off to visit again tonight for the annual spring book fair. The special guest, Geronimo Stilton, even took a moment to take a picture with them. They are just too spoiled!

Driving home from their book fair, I realized just how much this "home" has meant to me. The staff here made me feel so welcome 13 years ago. Here I was, a Yankee, coming in from the cold and they took the time to warm me up. They were with me as I settled in, they surrounded me as I got news of my mother's death, they celebrated with me as I married and had the boys. They have been with me through thick and thin.

While I'm physically no longer there, my spirit will be there forever. I love these people and consider them my family.

Until next time....love away!

No comments: