Sunday, February 21, 2010

052/365: Geek-in-Training


The digital native was getting restless. We did our best to delay the inevitable, but the time had come:

JOR now has his own e-mail account.

I don't know what upset me more: that he is old enough to appreciate an account or that somehow my baby could be unsafe in cyberspace. Luckily, MGR set up a child's account that is linked to his, so mail has to go through him before JOR gets them. Whew! Now, about his being old enough to love his e-mails: in every store we visited, he ended his goodbye with, "I have to go home and check my e-mails!" He received his first e-mail from Mommy, an electronic lecture warning him that e-mail is a privilege, easily taken away if any other part of his life goes askew.

I guess I shouldn't worry. He did manage to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine for about four hours today, playing tag and riding bikes and scooters with his brother and neighbors. I'm praying that the boy will continue maintaining the balance between the electronic and non-electronic life. Mommy will have to remind him...via e-mail.

Until next time..e-mail away!

No comments: