Thursday, February 18, 2010

049/365: A star...


....at least in my eyes anyway!

Our little big man, JOR, had his 2nd grade program tonight. It was a tribute to America, ending with a group sing of "God Bless America". Quite moving.

However, my shining star moved me more. He had an absolute BLAST on that stage. Prior to tonight's performance, he found out he got the lead in his drama class production, so he was pumped from the get go. All the while, the lad showed his comfort onstage by his nonstop smile, crisp choreography and attention to the director. Then he, along with 2 of his classmates, sang the last verse of "This Land is Your Land". They did a splendid job! (Although I'm his mother, the music teacher in me was impressed as well!)

I couldn't help but think of a few things:
-Could it be our drama class tuition is paying off?
-Is that the little squirt that took forever to make his life debut?
-Will my little star make people smile for the rest of his existence?
-Are these teardrops on my keyboard?

Until next time....shine away!!

No comments: