Wednesday, February 17, 2010

048/365: I give up....


It's not what you think. It's Lent.

Traditionally, Christians "give up" something during these 40 days of prayer, fasting and alms giving. Most will give up "niceties": chocolate, fast food, TV, booze, etc. This sacrificing will hopefully create a prayerful cleansing in preparation for Easter.

I'm not going to give up some "niceties" (although I should). I decided that my Lenten "sacrifice" would be a little different. I've decided to give up thinking negative thoughts about people. Considering all that is going on at work, this may be a bigger challenge than giving up candy.

Perhaps after a workday, I can come home and have McD's, Ben & Jerry's, and Schnapps while watching "Clean House" marathons. If I do that instead of strangling someone, I'm doing a good job spiritually purifying myself. Happy Lent.

Until next time...purify away!

No comments: