Sunday, November 28, 2010

332 / 365: A Fresh Start


My weight loss journey has been in a holding pattern the last few months. While I haven't gained (much), I haven't lost enough to hit goal yet. A plethora of factors (excuses) have been factored in: no time to prepare healthy meals, no time for frequent exercise, and Weight Watchers on the back burner.

No, I didn't quit. Due to finances, I cut back to WW Online. It's a great tool, but it's not a weekly meeting. Yes I'm holding myself accountable: tracking (sort of), weighing myself (every other week), and reading blogs and message boards, but it's not the same as going to that Saturday morning meeting. I miss my great leader!

The shot in the arm I really need arrives tomorrow. WW is unveiling its new PointsPlus program. While it has some similarities to its old program, it appears to be even healthier. Since it is not being released online til tomorrow, I've been reading reviews of people attending today's meetings and those who have been "secretly" testing it the past few months. While some were not pleased, most found the plan more flexible, more healthy, and in some instances, more simple. Hmmm...flexible, healthy, simple. This is what I need!!

Besides going online tomorrow morning, I'm also going to give myself a "To Me, Love Me" gift of going to Saturday's meeting and purchasing the materials I need to motivate me through this holiday season. I'm hoping this mental game will help my body, mind and soul get through my annual "funk" with a better frame of mind. And who knows....maybe I can lose a few pounds along the way. A true Holiday miracle?

Until next time...lose away!

No comments: