Sunday, November 14, 2010

318 / 365: Herding Cats....


...is what I did tonight.

In my effort to help my sons get organized (especially my little mess, SRR), I cleaned out their backpacks and organized their papers and folders. Random thoughts ensued:

-Why have these fruit chews been in here since September?
-This form was due last Monday!
-How many legos do you need to get through the week?
-Why must you keep a pencil with no point and no eraser?
-Where did these cookies come from?
-I think something bit me!

Meanwhile, the "Dynamic Duo" is pulling stuff out of every nook and cranny, creating a new mess as I'm trying to extinguish an old one.

-The dress up stuff is oozing out from behind the couch.
-If you cut up another piece of paper and NOT throw the scraps away.....
-Magnets do not go near computers!
-Stop running!
-Quit punching your brother.
-Put the stuffed animals away.
-SRR, put some clothes on!
-JOR, stop talking to yourself!

Oh, it was a long night, but finally ended when we herded the cats into bed.

Until next time....herd away!
-

No comments: