Tuesday, November 2, 2010

306 / 365: Guest Blogger


(Note: I have relinquished control over today's post to my son, JOR. I need a break and he needs to write. Plus he looks adorable in his uniform. Please offer comments on his post. Thanks!)

My first football season was a hard one. I played for the Matoaca Indians. I learned many things. Some things were positive and some things were negative.

These are the positive things about playing football. I got in shape and I learned to tackle and block. I also had 3 coaches who believed in me.

These are the negative things about my football season. I didn’t get a lot of playing time. I could not show my coach anything because I did not get playing time. My head coach didn't believe in me.

My dad helped with getting me dressed and getting me to practice on time. My grandpa came to every game. I learned that my dad and grandpa love and believe in me.

I felt that I learned many things by playing football. That was my season.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Wow! What a wonderful post. I liked that you looked at both sides of organized sports. Most things in life do have good things and bad things about them. I am proud of you for continuing in an activity that was not always fun. The most important lesson you learned from football is that you are loved and supported by your family. Great lesson to remember!