Sunday, November 7, 2010

311 / 365: Decision 3



I am choosing to act! MGR and I have had to swallow a very hard, very bitter pill. Our finances are in really bad shape, mostly due to our bad behavior (see, I'm taking responsibility, Decision 1!). I've spent most of this fall cutting "frills" out of our household budget and got a part-time job to earn extra money. While this has helped, we want to do more to get rid of our debt. We're now in the process of working with an outside agency to give us a hand.

It took reading "The Traveler's Gift" to get me to this last step. While I could have sat and wallowed in self-pity, the better plan was one of action. No, it's not going to be easy. No, it's not going to be fun. Yes, it's going to get us where we need to be. It's the only way we are going to achieve our goals. We need to act!

Keep your fingers crossed!

Until next time....act away!

No comments: