Tuesday, November 16, 2010

320 / 365: My Snickerdoodle.....

He's no longer a baby, but he'll always be MY baby. That's what's important, right?

I'm not sure why I decided to nickname him after a cookie. Yes, he's sweet. Yes, he's good. Yes, he's great to have with coffee (a stellar conversationalist!). But I don't know why I picked THAT name. Maybe all those goofy sounds smashed together made me giggle, like he does.

Whatever the reason, my Snickerdoodle turns 9 today. His last birthday in the single digits. Where has the time gone? I remember the journey to his birth like it was yesterday. Since he was eleven days late, I had to go in the night before I was induced to get a special "move things along" treatment. We arrived at CJW to find "no room at the inn". Thus, the Holy Family "Wannabees" schleped through the mall for a few hours. Eventually, they let us in and the next day, my angel arrived!

I thank God every single day for my cookie (and his little bro). JOR surely makes life sweeter with very few crumbs. It is my hope that he and I can have coffee and giggles together for a very, very long time!

Love you Snickerdoodle!!

Until next time...giggle away! (Gotta love his hat. Good taste!)

No comments: