Wednesday, November 10, 2010

314 / 365: Decision 6



This is truly a weakness of mine....let's hold onto someone's transgressions til they go to the grave....and maybe even longer! So there!

Having an unforgiving soul is truly a time waster. Just this evening, I had a siding salesman come to the door, asking if he could come by tomorrow to measure my house and give me an estimate. I told him that we had someone in mind to do the house (we do) and that I wouldn't be home tomorrow til 9pm (I won't). He saw MGR pull in the driveway and said, "Well, I'll just talk with your husband." Who did he think I was, Donna Reed? Talk with my husband? I'm actually still seething about this! Needless to say, this has been on my mind since he came to the door almost 5 hours ago. Yes, 5 hours of stewing when I could be forgiving.

This is going to be a very hard transition to make. Sometimes forgiving is easy: a person cuts you off in traffic, a child says something inappropriate, etc. However, sometimes it's just too damn hard to let go. So it just festers in my mind and soul, taking up valuable time and space, waiting for me to do.....absolutely nothing about it! Now that's being productive....not!!

Until next time....forgive away!!

No comments: