Saturday, December 18, 2010

352 / 365: Spirit of Christmas....


The 3 boys and I had a joyous evening Christmas caroling at a local fast food joint. This is an outreach program done at my "work" church. We had an awesome turnout from the church....and free food to boot!

As I stood there playing my guitar through the usual set list of Christmas tunes, it hit me. I'm in the Christmas spirit!! There were little children dancing while their parents were ordering, smiles on both sets of faces. A mom requested we sing "Happy Birthday" to the little girl having a party in the back corner. People pulled chairs up to join us in song. Even the young workers behind the counter were mumbling some of the words. As the fam and I were eating, one kind lady came up to us and thanked us for singing and playing. Good times.

Making people happy. Why can't the world try to do that in a month that doesn't start with "D"?

Until next time....smile away!

No comments: