Friday, December 3, 2010

337 / 365: A little bit of fun!


In my effort to get in the Holiday Spirit, I took the 3 boys to the Main Street Station downtown. There was a "Polar Express Open House" there complete with yummies, an awesome jazz quartet, free books and craft activities and a kiddie train ride around the parking lot. We walked around the historic building and watched Amtrak trains go in and out of the station. Afterwards, we took in the sights, sounds and smells of the 17th St. Farmers' Market. They were having a night of craft and food vendors. We really enjoyed walking around checking out everything. The cost to the evening? The price of gas. Even the parking was free! It really worked into our budget.

As we were leaving, I was almost apologetically telling the boys that this was just a little outing to enjoy the holiday season. My JOR then proclaimed, "Mom, it's the simple stuff that makes life fun!" This is why I keep trying to get into the holiday spirit.

I had tears in my eyes as I tried to navigate out of the parking lot and onto 95.

Until next time....enjoy away!

1 comment:

Belinda said...

So glad that all worked out. It sounds like a wonderful family memory. Your kid is a genius...it is the simple things!!! Like seeing a friend at work when you were expecting to work alone!!! So glad we got to work together yesterday. Can't wait for the 15th.