Thursday, June 17, 2010

168 / 365: The Power of Music

It's been a rough week, but today reaffirmed my faith in humans.

This morning I had the honor of accompanying fifth graders as they performed "We Are the World" at their graduation ceremony. I remember many of those students being in MGR's class two years ago, so it was nice to see them all dolled up, smiling nicely and singing beautifully! Bravo to them for a job well done (and for making my job easy!).

Tonight, I had the privilege of working with a church choir. I forgot how much I missed the podium! We had a wonderful time taking one piece and morphing it from an unknown unison spiritual to an SATB a cappella powerhouse. It was magical and fun!

Now I truly remember why I became involved in music. It can reach into your soul deeper than anything or anyone else. It has the power to transform your thoughts, your mood, your life! Just what the doctor ordered!

I think that's why I love this song so much!

Until next time....sing away!!

No comments: