Wednesday, June 2, 2010

153 / 365: Crunch.....yep!


In my never-failing quest for fitness (and a few less pounds), I tried a new workout courtesy of our Netflix for Wii.

This Crunch video had the best of all worlds: a little cardio, a little toning, a little stretching, etc. As I went through the workout, I noticed something else. My knees were sounding more and more like the title! Yes, every bend sounded like a bag of potato chips and every march like a drumline, courtesy of the beginnings of arthritis. Thank you Mom and Dad for this wonderful gift. First, heart issues, now this.

Ironically, I need to exercise more and drop those last 12 pounds to make the knees tolerable for a few more years. I'm hoping by then the treatment for bad knees will be non-invasive and painless. (And that I won the lottery and can take six months off to recover.)

Until next time....crunch away!

No comments: