Monday, June 7, 2010

158 / 365: Yard Therapy


Clipping the bushes: Heads had to roll today. Big presentation this morning. Do you think the family would let me leave the ranch early? NO!!! In fact, they left before me!! I guess when I'm busy tying shoes, cleaning cat poop and packing up library materials that belong to someone else, it's a wonder I made it to work on time! Let's see what happens the next time someone else has to leave early....

Trimming and edging: Trimmed the to-do list at work. The yardwork was another check. I love trimming lists. Now if I can only trim some family members....

Mowing the lawn: Visions of running over people dance in my head. Sadly, I only have a push mower.

Blowing off the driveway: I wish I could use my blower on toxic individuals! Just push them out of my way as I clear my path. My life would be SO much easier.

Watering the plants: I wish I could be taken care of the way I take care of my plants!

Spraying for bugs: 'Nuf said!

While my anger has subsided, it's still festering. I hate it! It feels like poison. Forgiving and forgetting are always an option, but at what cost? Does that tell the boys that Mom's needs aren't important? That it's OK not help her in the morning? I do not want to be a doormat, nor do I want my boys to see me in that position.

Until next time...mow away!!

No comments: