Tuesday, September 28, 2010

271 / 365: Mission Impossible


I did not sign up for this, but I'm up for the challenge.

No, it's not being a mom. It's worse. I have been charged with an impossible task:

I have to attempt to get SRR organized.

My little guy has always been absent-minded (genetically handed down from his father), but now this is really hindering his progress in school and his life at home. He is constantly misplacing papers and things, except for his "junk". He never puts things back where they belong. These behaviors have created many tense moments at the ranch, complete with shouting matches. Not a productive, happy life.

I have begun FLYLady "Baby Steps" with SRR. This process started last night with the creation of a "Morning Routine" sheet. We decided on the tasks needed to be done every morning. He wrote them on a checklist and I put it in a sheet protector and provided a dry erase marker. We set up his "area" and I kept my fingers crossed.

This morning was very pleasant. He did everything on the list, but the icing on the cake was that he did it with a very pleasant attitude. SRR took great pride as he put smiley faces next to each accomplished task. I was very proud of him and told him so numerous times. The smile on his face as he left made all that work worthwhile.

Our next mission is to tweak the morning routine (we forgot some stuff) and create a before bed routine. He loves reading the ideas on the FlyLady website because they are written for him. I am almost looking forward to the next babystep.....almost!

Until next time....check away!!

No comments: