Monday, September 13, 2010

256 / 365: Monday Night Blight


Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines "blight" as:

1a : a disease or injury of plants marked by the formation of lesions, withering, and death of parts (as leaves and tubers) b : an organism (as an insect or a fungus) that causes blight
2: something that frustrates plans or hopes
3: something that impairs or destroys
4: a deteriorated condition

Methinks that football also fits this description!

I'm really angry now and I have a list of culprits:
1. My son, JOR, for not showing what he knows. He's still prancing about on the field a day late and a dollar short. What's frustrating is that he KNOWS WHAT TO DO, he CAN DO IT, but CHOOSES NOT TO!!
2. His father, for being the consummate armchair quarterback. There's too much tension in this house!
3. His coaches, for not recognizing when JOR puts forth an effort. Can't light a fire by smoldering it! If I ran my rehearsals the way they run practices, I'd be fired! They really need some organization skills. (Example: Coach: "You need to practice these plays with your children." Reality: "You have my child almost 3 hours a night, Mon.-Thurs. When do you expect us to do this? Instead of having my child stand around the whole night, maybe have an extra coach work with the rookies on basics. This is NOT rocket science, gentlemen!") Can't express this to the coaches for fear of retaliation against my son. I don't want to risk it. He's not getting enough playing time as it is.....
4. The Athletic Association, for not being organized. Took weeks to get a parent meeting and schedule. Then, to schedule games until 8:30-9:00 pm on a school night is just a ridiculous attempt at making themselves look more important than they really are. I wouldn't mind if you were actually teaching my child something, but you're not, so let him stay home and get his real work done!
5. Sports, in general, are really leaving a bad taste in my mouth! It shouldn't be like this....

Until next time....growl away!

No comments: