Friday, September 24, 2010

267 / 365: Drought!


This is a picture of Lake Chesdin, a major contributor to our county's water supply. It is at its lowest level ever. We are now under a mandatory water emergency.

The media is having a field day with this, of course. The reporters are interviewing people, polling them on this really deep, original inquiry: "How will this water restriction change your daily life?" The interviewees gave some interesting answers:
"My lawn is going to go to hell!"
"I won't be able to wash my car!"
"The flowers will die."

Guess what people.....IT'S A DROUGHT! THAT MEANS NO WATER FOR HUMAN NEEDS. I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR LAWNS, CARS OR EVEN FLOWERS! LET THEM DIE. I NEED WATER TO DRINK! (There, I feel better now!)

I guess people have taken water for granted, which is why we're in this mess to begin with. It's sad that people's priorities are so messed up.

Until next time....conserve away!

No comments: