Monday, May 17, 2010

137 / 365: Dynamic Duo


Tonight I listened to the "Dynamic Duo" of medicine: Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen. These two medicine men / media moguls have really made an impact on health in America and, more importantly, at the Ranch. This evening's webcast just affirmed that we're trying to do the right thing.

The webcast's topic was "Diet and Weight Loss". The doctors answered as many questions as possible in the 45 min. session. The two things that stuck in my head were:
-focus on a reason to become (and stay) healthy.
-think of how much better you feel.

I can honestly say that the three critters who live in my house are my reason to stay healthy. Do you blame me for worrying? ;-) Seriously, they are my life and the reason I'm trying to be healthier. Unlike my parents, I want to be around to see the younger critters become something in this world. I want to be around to annoy my husband. I want to be around for my grandchildren.

There's something else: I feel better!! Since 2007, I have lost 38 pounds. Yes, some people can lose that in a year or six months. Not me. I have almost accepted that. But I feel better now than when I started my weight loss journey. I have more energy and stamina, can think a little clearer, and I feel better about me.

I'm hoping for lots of affirmations as I try to lose the remaining weight.

Until next time....affirm away!

No comments: