Thursday, May 6, 2010

126 / 365: The Junkman Cometh....


Here he is....the Fred Sanford of Richmond, VA!!

My little man, SRR, believes in preserving everything ever created. Nothing can go in the trash or yard sale bin. Nothing, that is, until "M.O.M." (Mean Old Mother) forces him to dispose of it.

This baby hoarder keeps everything: parts of toys that no longer exist, pages of books long recycled, sock lint from when he was two. You name it, he saves it.

Sometimes SRR will save junk in the most inconvenient places. I often break out in hives when I go near his bed because I have no idea what's in or under it. This is after I cleaned the area the night before. The past few days have been the worst. He saved a small piece of a black oil pastel crayon.....in his pants. You guessed it. I've been spending all my free time (yes, that's all 3 1/2 minutes of it) cleaning out the washer and dryer, then attempting to treat and wash the victimized load of clothes. Adding insult to injury, he managed to save a tissue....in another pair of pants. Tonight's 3 1/2 minutes were devoted to picking tissue fuzzies off the clothes before they went into my somewhat clean dryer.

This week will be a shocker to the little guy. The junkyard will be purged. We're having a multi-family yard sale next Saturday. Pray for him....and me!

Until next time....purge away!

No comments: