Sunday, May 2, 2010

122 / 365: Skating party drama


This will be brief, as I am SO done.....

SRR attended a skating party today. This followed a very busy Saturday that included a trip to the farmers' market, Free Comic Book Day, and a sleepover with a dear friend the night before and church this morning.

I stayed with him at Skateland, knowing that he needed some "support". Funny, I don't know how to skate, but here I was walking around the rink with him. My left arm is officially longer than my right, given the fact that he was holding on to me for dear life.

There was more drama than necessary. From the time I put his skates on to the 50th fall, he was having conniptions. Everything was an issue: the skates are too tight / too loose, the kid that cut in front of him, the fact that he didn't know how to skate, ad nauseum...... Then his friends came and the drama subsided. Too bad my blood pressure didn't.

As we were leaving, he told me, "Mom, I wish you were younger so you could skate with me." I had to remind him of HOW I aged so quickly. He became silent.

Until next time....skate away!

No comments: