Tuesday, May 4, 2010

124 / 365: Great Doctor, Great Day!


I took a personal day to spend time with Hubby and it was worth every second.

For years, I have hounded MGR to find a different doctor. I was never satisfied with his doctors' diagnosis. They always took a reactive approach to his health, not my idea of "health care". Their treatments were questionable and prescriptions many. Granted, I'm no doctor, but being around my ill father and my sister the nurse, made me understand the ins and outs of medicine (or at least how to find out the answer).

MGR finally decided to listen to my nags and saw my GP today. He thought she was wonderful. She sat down with him for a consultation, then did an initial checkup. Thankfully, MGR is in good shape, but she will see him again in June for a more thorough physical. Part of it may include a sleep study. He hasn't been sleeping very well lately, causing his ADHD to go into full throttle, and he has no energy and doesn't want to go to sleep. Dr. B. feels that he may have sleep apnea. (And none of the other doctors could figure this out because....?) It was like a weight lifted off his shoulders. It makes sense!!

We were excited about the prospect of getting to bottom of his sleep issues. We celebrated with a free lunch, (Qdoba had teacher appreciation day) and some shopping. Now to keep our fingers crossed that June comes quickly, for lots of reasons!!

Until next time....sleep away!

No comments: