Friday, May 14, 2010

134 / 365: We want entertainment.....


I turned soft.

Tonight after a rare dinner out (pizza), the fam sat around the living room, semi-comatose. We had mixed cries of "What do we do?", "I'm tired!", "I'm bored!", "Can we go somewhere?", ad nauseum.

Earlier this week, I did some research on Netflix. For a mere $8.99 a month, you can get as many DVDs as you want (one at a time), plus movies online, PLUS streaming through the Wii. To prevent domestic upheaval, I signed up for the one month free trial. (Maybe a certain husband, a movie fanatic, will get this for Father's Day....) I'm hoping this will curb the desire to spend a mortgage payment at the movie theatre this summer.

The selection is overwhelming! So much so that by the time we decided on a movie, the boys were ready for bed. That didn't stop Hubby and I from finding one of our favorite BritComs, "The Vicar of Dibley". We're on Episode 2 and loving every minute of it!

Until next time...watch away!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

just re-upped this week, too! Got the cd for the wii, and was impressed w/how easy it was to get started -- PLUS the quality of the streaming was impressive! I'm w/you....love the british tv shows!