Tuesday, August 31, 2010

243 / 365: Outside looking in....


Stupidity occupies my brain this week.

My house keys only work on the deadbolts, not the actual door locks. Well, I forgot to tell AAC which lock to use with my house key. Well, I got the phone call before lunch. Luckily the AAC and boys were fine and went to LA's house.

I spent my lunchtime trying different combinations of keys on different combinations of locks on different combinations of doors. I even used modern technology and looked up a locksmith on my phone. When "PopALock" wouldn't answer, I then Googled "How to Pick A Lock". The paper clips were not an adequate substitute for a flat hair clip (anyone?.....).

Desperate time calls for desperate measures: the almighty crowbar!! I used this wonderful tool and managed to pry the lock open without major damage. After an hour in the sun, my sweaty, mosquito-eaten body so wanted a shower, but alas, a change of shirt was all that time allowed.

On the "To-Do" list for next week: locks!

Until next time.....pick away!

No comments: