Monday, October 11, 2010

284 / 365: You can't go home again.....


Yes, this is 67 Union Avenue, Center Moriches, NY 11934

No, this is NOT my house!!

This cute little domicile was not my childhood home. It is now bigger and prettier than what I was used to. My mother always wanted a patio (there's one in the back) and I always wanted a porch (it's there). I guess in our prayers we weren't specific enough. We wanted them WHILE we lived there!!

Anyway, the neighborhood has changed a little. The woods across the street, where I smoked my first cigarette and found my brothers' Hustler magazines, is now a garden. The dilapidated dock at the end of Inwood Road now has a pretty little gazebo. All in all, it still has its little town feel.

But it will never be home again.

I'm OK with this as I try to live by the saying, "Home is where the heart is". Maybe someday that saying will change to "Home is where the porch is".

Until next time...dream away!

No comments: