Thursday, June 4, 2009

Let's Dance!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.
This week gave me lots of opportunities to dance, as life handed me a deluge!! My dear friend had emergency brain surgery Sunday, SRR had an asthma attack Monday morning, work was hectic, and tonight we hosted my nephew's graduation party. My emotions ran the gamut of worry, gratitude, pity, relief, anger, disgust, frustration and euphoria.

Alas, some of the storms have left the area while some are still here, but are less intense. EJG is better, but not totally out of the woods yet. SRR's asthma is under control (no more bouncy places for him!), only four more weeks of work, and the graduation party was a hit.

You know what? I'm still going to dance. Why? Because I can!! I have a beautiful family, fabulous friends, food, clothing, shelter and good health. I cannot ask for anything more!! Crank up the music, I'm cuttin' the rug! Care to join me?

2 comments:

JSG said...

My toes are tapping, with or without the DDR!

EJG said...

I'm glad to be home and recovered enough to read your blog post... even if it is a few weeks old! Thank you for being my friend!