Monday, March 2, 2009

Flakes...inside and out




A beautiful sight awaited us this morning. Pristine snow blanketed everything. The powdery substance gave the world a chance to stop in its tracks, its muting power silencing the chaotic symphony known as life. We had an excuse to just pause and enjoy Mother Nature in all her glistening glory.

Then I got out of bed.

When are we going outside? What's for breakfast? He hit me! I'm telling! He took my game! I was playing with it first. Why do I have to go to time out, he started it. Can you fix my video game? I can't find my boots. He took my hat! Ewwww, he's got snot everywhere! Can you zip my coat? I need a tissue. You never told me I couldn't throw snow in his face. Why can't we go in the street? You still didn't fix my video game. Why do we have to bring our sheets down. What's for snack? Do we have to empty the dishwasher? Is it time to go outside?

We did the obligatory frolic in the snow. Then I went back to bed.

The snow is beautiful, a little on the powdery side, so snowballs took effort. We lost part of a tree, split due to the weight of the snow. It's resting in the street, since the frozen shed lock prohibits me from getting the saw out. There are a few other trees getting ready to split as well.

The schools are closed again tomorrow; roads are predicted to be icy. However, my 11 month status dictates that I go in two hours late tomorrow morning. Of course, this could change....

MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll go in two hours early.

Here are the loves of my life in full snow bunny attire. If I didn't love them, I'd have to eat them!


2 comments:

JSG said...

Based on what I've witnessed, they may eat you!! Maybe tomorrow you'll have the snow fun without the MOM alarm all day... going into work may not be the worst thing!

EJG said...

What a great post! Very funny... very touching... and very descriptive.

You are some writer!

(o.k., I know you do it to keep from going insane... but we readers enjoy it, too)