Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Miracles Before Us...

The dishes have been put away, the living room cleaned up, the toys put in their new homes and thank you's will be written tomorrow. The celebration was one of family and friends gathered to celebrate the remarkable achievement of a remarkable little boy.

Yesterday, my little SRR turned "5"!

Five is a milestone, especially for little SRR. He was not an easy baby, nor is he an easy child. He has his good days and he has his bad days. However, he is a bright little boy with a vivid imagination, great singing voice and a passion for life!

Everyday is a new beginning for SRR. One day he'll be Indiana Jones, the next day a chef, then Hellboy, then a rock star. Some days, he'll be "Manner Man" with perfect behavior, other days he's "Monster Man", ready to take his parents on at every turn. No matter what the day brings, Monster Man or Manner Man, Indiana or Emeril, he faces it with happiness, energy, love and passion. Can I say the same when I crawl out of bed every morning?

When I watch SRR and JOR play (or fight), I can't help but get teary-eyed. Theses miracles given to us were definitely undeserved, but truly adored. These little "creatures" are growing into fine young boys, who will grow into fine young men, who will find Mom and Dad the best nursing home ever! I only hope and pray that they take their zest for life and keep it inside of them forever!

Tonight, putting SRR to bed, I read him On the Day You Were Born. I was trying to hold back tears (unsuccessfully) as I told of his first birthday celebration. His beautiful response, "Mommy, I want my WALL-E." Ahh, miracles.....

Until next time.....

2 comments:

JSG said...

Yep, I know that these lovey-dovey posts are just here to create a paper trail (electronic paper trail?) to show your lifetime of love and devotion for the time when Mommy and Daddy need that nursing home. Good idea to start documenting that early.

Hard to believe that it's been 5 years!! Slow down the growing up thing there. We need to come up your way to see those boys before their weddings!

EJG said...

I found your blog! Oh, Joy! This is gonna be good. I look forward to reading the future essays that express what's going on in my friend's head!

First, I'd better pour a glass of wine.