Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 8: Home, Sweet Home!

Well, we made it! After a rough morning of travel, we are home safe and sound.

I was nervous pulling up to the ranch, as I had heard about rough thunderstorms that cancelled the fireworks Friday. (We live about 2 miles from the fairgrounds.) I was picturing trees and branches down, our usual flood in the front yard, etc. However, the outside looked intact (Whew!)

Inside was another story. I found a small leak in the boys' bathroom. This little drip occurred for the entire week, leaving a stream flowing straight to the non-caulked hole next to the shower. (I knew I should've taken care of the caulking before vacation!). Unfortunately, the leak made it to the kitchen ceiling and the kitchen floor. There are streaks of light brown on the ceiling. This is annoying as we'll have company Friday for SRR's birthday party. I guess my mantra will be "Don't look up!" The plumber is coming Thursday to fix the initial culprit, but more importantly, shed some light on what we need to do with the ceiling! This ought to be interesting....... (If any of you have any ideas, PLEASE share!) Talk about reality slapping you square in the face!

I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's hard! (I learned the fine art of worrying from my dad.) I need to think positive: the leak wasn't bad, it could've been the bathtub, the ceiling could've caved in, it could've caused an electrical issue, etc. We are home, unpacked, relaxed and ready to face the real world again. Life IS good.

Hope this vacation blog was entertaining. I'll be posting sporadically as I try to deal with life as it comes my way. Please contribute thoughts as you see fit.

Until then......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed a few days as I was away but have caught up with the adventures of the Rutherford Family On Vacation!! It has been thoroughly enjoyable!! It was really fun. I may have a suggestion for the ceiling. :)

JSG said...

Lovin' the blog. Don't let it stop. as to the ceiling, I think that mirrors on the ceiling can be very romantic...

BJNR said...

Not in the kitchen...too much traffic! :-)